Since I've been Gone...

Posted by Unknown | | Posted On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 3:01 PM

It has been over a year. Not too many things have happened. I stepped away from the writing on the book and blog. Last week, I decided to take to writing once more. More on this later.

Since my last post, the only BIG news in my life is that my wife, Tanya, and I are happily awaiting the arrival of our new baby boy (our first child entirely). He is expected to arrive April 14th. If he is early, we have already started to imagine what would happen if he was an April Fools baby. We can be quite silly at times.

On to the book! For starters, I do have a title (hopefully THE title and not just a working title). Going to keep that under wraps for now. I have edited the first chapter more times than I can count. I also expanded the first chapter into the 3.5K word range (combining the original first and second chapters with some cuts). The second chapter (albeit much shorter than the first) is also complete, though I am hesitant to begin the third chapter. I would like to see my second chapter reach at least 2,000 words, but I may have to settle for a shorter chapter as I am not sure what would add to the story without slowing everything down and becoming boring. Might have to wait on that until I am further along. More to post within the week on progress. I have already started researching agents for possible queries. I have a tentative schedule to be finished with at least the second draft complete (if all goes well) in about 2 months. I will take 2-4 weeks off after that. During that break, I will find some reviewers. I hope that after those revisions as well as a few of my own, I will be ready for my first round of queries to agents and publishers. Target word count is still around 80,000 words.

Until next time,

Donald A. Robinson

P.S. Thoughts on the pen name? (D.A.Robinson). Progress: Title: Check. 4,831/80,000 words.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Since I've been Gone...