First Post. First Chapter.

Posted by Unknown | | Posted On Monday, November 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Because my first idea for a book went south, I had started a new book a couple of weeks ago. The process was slow at first, as I had trouble finding the motivation to start. Now, I feel as if the momentum is starting to pick up.

I have successfully completed my first chapter on the new book. It is somewhat smaller than I had planned (coming in at ~1750 words). I know there are a few changes and additions that I would like to make, but the majority of what is written has a good feel to it.

So far, the book is un-titled. I am toying with a few names, but most likely will not have one until I am nearing the end (or finished with the book). I think that I will be settling on Young Adult (YA)/Fantasy for the genre. The current plan is for about 80-100K words and about 25 chapters. In order to help me stay on track, I'm doing my planning in stages shortly before writing. I believe my previous method of making a lot of plans ahead of time got me in trouble because I wound up over-planning and then scraping the project.

I am also hoping that by blogging my experiences, I might better stay on track and keep up with my writing. I really hope to write at least 4000 words a week (5 month goal for completion). Well, better get back to writing (and working).

-Donald Robinson

(Week 1, Day 1: 1751/80000 words)

Comments:

There are 0 comments for First Post. First Chapter.